John and Elsie Mae Ferentz Undergraduate Research Fund
- Up to ten (10) scholarships will be awarded.
- Up to $1,000 for Spring 2018
- Must have a 3.33 UI cumulative GPA.
- Must be registered for a research project, honors in the major, guided independent study, research-based capstone course, or for the BFA project during the semester of the award, Spring 2018.
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from a UI faculty member.
- Must continue full-time as a junior or senior in Spring 2018.
- Must be enrolled in a College of Liberal Arts & Sciences degree granting program and seeking your first undergraduate degree.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 s.h. in the Spring 2018 semester.
- Former ICRU fellows are eligible to apply.
- ICRU fellows in spring 2018 are not eligible.
- This scholarship is not renewable.
Students proposals should include:
- A one-page description of the project including how the requested funds will advance the student's research or creative goals
- An itemized budget for the project. This should be a budget for the entire project, indicating how the funds will be used and what other funds will be used.
- A letter of support from a faculty mentor. Only projects that will involve a faculty member (as mentor, advisor, or in another capacity) will be approved.
For proposals involving groups of students, please submit one proposal with each students name, email, and university id number.
Proposals should be submitted electronically, questions can be sent to email@example.com.
January 26, 2018