Third-year probationary review materials must be submitted to the Office of the Dean via Workflow by a deadline in early March announced each year through the DEO mailing. Use the checklist below in compiling the review file.
- The candidate must sign the departmental promotion & tenure review committee's report to indicate he/she has received the report.
- For joint appointees, the primary department must route the Workflow form to the DEO of the secondary department before it is transmitted to the Dean's office.
- It is not necessary to attach this checklist to the Workflow form.
- Procedural information: Tiffany Schier
- Faculty Review Application (FRAP) workflow form.
- A letter from the DEO, describing the review procedures followed, reporting the vote of the departmental consulting group, and giving the DEO’s independent assessment and recommendation. (No separate summary of the DCG discussion is required).
- Departmental Consulting Group vote tally, with a list of faculty eligible to participate in the DCG and signatures of those attending the meeting.
- The CV that was available to the review committee and departmental consulting group, with the chart summarizing the teaching record. See the Collegiate model chart for summarizing the teaching record here or the model for summarizing non-ACE teaching evaluations here.
- The candidate's statement of accomplishments and future plans in teaching, scholarly/creative work, and service (ordinarily not to exceed four pages).
- The review committee’s written report on the faculty member’s teaching, scholarly and/or creative work, and service (ordinarily not to exceed four pages), addressing the criteria for faculty rank. The report must include as appendices the written records of classroom observations conducted for this and earlier probationary reviews. The candidate must sign the end of the report to indicate that he/she has been given a copy.
- The written response of the faculty member to the review committee’s report, if he or she has chosen to prepare one.
- A list of the materials in the dossier (including course materials, student evaluations of teaching, published work, work in progress, and other materials allowed under the Collegiate/University Procedural Guidelines for Promotion and Tenure Decision-making). These materials remain in the department unless the Dean’s Office requests that they be transmitted.