CLAS Standing (Appointed) Committees — General Education Curriculum Committee
The General Education Curriculum Committee (GECC) is appointed by the Undergraduate Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee (UEPCC) to oversee the GE CLAS Core. Ordinarily, members serve for three consecutive years with a student member serving for one year.
The committee works closely with UEPCC to establish procedures for the approval of General Education status for existing courses; to establish procedures for the five-year assessment of courses with approved GE status; to overview that assessment conducted by instructors, and to advise the College and UEPCC on General Education issues. The College's Manual of Procedure, section 26, describes the General Education Curriculum Committee and its duties in more detail.
Information for faculty members about the GE CLAS Core is available on the Faculty CLAS pages.
Current Members of GECC
- Eloy Barragan, Dance (May 2019)
- Amber Brian, Spanish and Portuguese (Fall 2018)
- Brian Corkery, Academic Advising Center
- Charles Frohman, Mathematics (May 2021)
- Nicholas Kelly, Rhetoric (May 2021)
- Kerby Boschee, International Programs
- Cornelia Lang, Physics and Astronomy, Chair of GECC, (May 2019)
- Michael Moore, History (May 2019)
Questions about GECC and the General Education CLAS Core may be addressed to the committee chair or to Kathryn Hall.