Mary Louise Kelley Professional Development Award
The Mary Louise Kelley Professional Development Award supports the commitment of CLAS staff to job-related continuing education, training, and professional activity. Staff members in the College may apply for this award to help defray the costs of coursework, workshops, training opportunities on or off campus, or attendance at regional, national, or international meetings.
Eligibility and Criteria
- All permanent full-time and part time (50% or more) Professional & Scientific and Merit staff members employed in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are eligible to apply.
- The criteria by which the applications are evaluated include:
- the extent to which the application addresses the objectives of the award;
- the appropriateness of the proposed budget.
- A maximum of $500 will be awarded to any single application. Departmental supplementation of request is encouraged.
- The application must be submitted in advance of the development activity for which support is being requested and no later than Friday, September 22, 2017. Reimbursements will only be made to university accounts. To be fully reimbursed, a staff member must be employed in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences for the duration of the developmental activity.
Application and Selection Process
- This award process is conducted annually. The application form and required attachments must be received no later than Friday, September 22, 2017.
- Applications are to be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Proposals will be evaluated by members of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Staff Recognition Committee and The Dean with respect to the award criteria.
- The winner(s) of this award will be honored at the annual College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Staff Recognition Ceremony in the spring, and their names will be published on the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Staff Awards website.
Questions concerning this process or a specific proposal may be directed to Nancy Fick, CLAS Dean’s Office, 240 SH.