The Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) maintains an electronic Researcher Handbook to assist new and existing researchers in navigating the complex research environment at the University of Iowa. OVPR also supports the following offices and websites, which serve researchers seeking external funding:
- Division of Sponsored Programs
- Central Research Facilities and Service Units
- Research Compliance Information
- Technology Transfer and Protection of Intellectual Property
- Grant Management Webpage for PIs and Grant Administrators
- Human Subjects Office (HSO)/Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
In addition, UI Information Technology Services supports Academic Technologies Research Services, which offers training sessions, consultations, and collaborations in research computing.