GWSS Announces 2018 Scholarship Award Winners
The Department of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies at the University of Iowa is delighted to announce the winners of this year’s departmental awards. We look forward to celebrating with our faculty, staff, students, and supporters when the awards are presented at the Annual Celebration of Excellence and Achievement Among Women on Wednesday, April 4th, 2018, 3:00 p.m., IMU 2nd Floor Ballroom. To learn more the scholarships we offer, the alumni they memorialize, and the generous benefactors who support our students, visit our website: https://clas.uiowa.edu/gwss/undergraduate-program/scholarships.
Stephen Lynn Smith Memorial Scholarship for Social Justice ($2,500 each for two awardees—open to graduate or undergraduates)
- Sefonobong Obot from Chicago, Illinois is pursuing a Master’s Degree in Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health
- Lauren Elizabeth Pass from Charles City, Iowa is pursuing a Master’s Degree in Community and Behavioral Health, College of Public Health
Adah Johnson/Otilia Maria Fernandez Scholarship ($1,500 for one undergraduate awardee)
- Apoorva Raikwar from Iowa City, Iowa is pursuing a Bachelor’s in Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Kristin K. Lippke Memorial Scholarship ($3,000 each for two undergraduate awardees)
- Mila Kaut from Des Moines, Iowa is seeking joint Bachelor’s degrees in Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies; History; and Music, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Fatima Abby Tall from Caldwell, Idaho is seeking joint Bachelor’s degrees in Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies and English/Creative Writing, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Adele Kimm Scholarship ($2,000 for one graduate awardee)
- Dellyssa Edinboro from Georgetown, Guyana is seeking a Ph.D. in Educational Policy and Leadership Studies, College of Education
Jane A. Weiss Memorial Dissertation Scholarship ($4,000)
- Kate Karacay from Iowa City, Iowa is seeking a Ph.D. in Educational Policy and Leadership Studies, College of Education
We offer our warmest congratulations to all of these outstanding students and to the many other impressive students who applied for these awards.