Laboratory: Behavioral Medicine Laboratory
Lab Location: E141 FH
Lab Phone: 319-384-42565
Lab Webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/hhpipal/
HHP:3050 (027:128) Obesity: Causes, Consequences, Prevention, and Treatment
HHP:4420 (027:156) Planning and Evaluating Health Interventions
HHPL6500 (027:296) Seminar in Health Promotion
Application of design thinking, behavioral medicine and technology for health behavior interventions in work and community environments
1. Carr, LJ, Bartee, RT, Dorozynski, CM, Broomfield, JF, Smith, ML and Smith DT. Internet-delivered behavior change program increases physical activity and improves cardiometabolic disease risk factors in sedentary adults: Results of a randomized controlled trial. Preventive Medicine. 2008. May;46(5):431-8.
2. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, and Marcus, BH. Walk Score® as a Global Estimate of Neighborhood Walkability. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2010 Nov;39(5):460-3.
3. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, and Marcus, BH. Validation of Walk Score® for Estimating Access to Walkable Amenities. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2011; 45:1144-1148.
4. Carr, LJ, Walaska, K, and Marcus, BH. Feasibility of a Portable Pedal Exercise Machine for Reducing Sedentary Time in the Workplace. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2012; 46(6):430-435.
5. Carr, LJ, & Mahar, MT. Accuracy of Intensity and Inclinometer Output of Three Activity Monitors for Identification of Sedentary Behavior and Light Intensity Activity. Journal of Obesity, vol. 2012, Article ID 460271, 9 pages, 2012.
6. Carr LJ and Dunsiger, SI. Search Query Data to Monitor Interest in Behavior Change: Application for Public Health. PLoS ONE. 2012; 7(10): e48158.
7. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, Lewis, B, Ciccolo, JT, Hartman, S, Bock, BC, Dominick, G, & Marcus, BH. Randomized Controlled Trial Testing the Efficacy of an Internet Physical Activity Intervention for Sedentary Adults. Health Psychology. 2013;32(3):328-36.
8. Carr, LJ, Karvinen, K, Peavler, M, Smith, R and Cangelosi, K. Multicomponent Intervention to Reduce Daily Sedentary Time: A Randomised Controlled Trial. BMJ Open. 2013;3: e003261.
9. Carr, LJ, Maeda, H, Luther, B, Rider, P, Tucker, S and Leonhard, C. Acceptability and Effects of a Seated Active Workstation During Sedentary Work: A Proof of Concept Study. International Journal of Workplace Health Management. 2014; 7(1):2-15.
10, Voss, MW, Carr, LJ, Clark, R, Weng, T. Revenge of the "sit" II: Does lifestyle impact neuronal and cognitive health through distinct mechanisms associated with sedentary behavior and physical activity. Mental Health and Physical Activity. 2014;7(1):9-24.