Labratory Webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/hhpipal/
Applied Concepts of Human Aging: Pathophysiology & Interventional Approaches
Physical Activity and Aging
Physical Activity and Public Health
Environmental and Policy Influences on the Obesity Epidemic
Technology-based Approaches to Reducing Sedentary Behaviors
Socioenvironmental Influences of Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviors
1. Carr, LJ, Bartee, RT, Dorozynski, CM, Broomfield, JF, Smith, ML and Smith DT. (2008). Internet-delivered behavior change program increases physical activity and improves cardiometabolic disease risk factors in sedentary adults: Results of a randomized controlled trial. Preventive Medicine. 2008. May;46(5):431-8.
2. Carr, LJ, Bartee, RT, Dorozynski, CM and Smith, DT. Eight-month follow-up of physical activity and central adiposity: Results from internet-delivered intervention in overweight adults. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2009. July;6(4):444-55.
3. Ciccolo, JT, Carr, LJ and Krupel, K and Longval, J. The Role of Resistance Training in the Prevention and Treatment of Chronic Disease. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. 2010. July/August. 4(4):293-308.
4. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, and Marcus, BH. Walk Score as a Global Estimate of Neighborhood Walkability. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2010 Nov;39(5):460-3.
5. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, and Marcus, BH. Validation of Walk Score™ for Estimating Access to Walkable Amenities. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2011.45:1144-1148.
6. Carr, LJ, Walaska, K, and Marcus, BH. Feasibility of a Portable Pedal Exercise Machine for Reducing Sedentary Time in the Workplace. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2012; 46(6):430-435.
7. Carr, LJ, & Mahar, MT. Accuracy of Intensity and Inclinometer Output of Three Activity Monitors for Identification of Sedentary Behavior and Light Intensity Activity. Journal of Obesity, vol. 2012, Article ID 460271, 9 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/460271
8. Carr LJ. Commentary on Atkin et al. (2011): Non-Occupational Sitting and Mental Well-Being in Employed Adults. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 2011:1-2.
9. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, Lewis, B, Ciccolo, JT, Hartman, S, Bock, BC, Dominick, G, & Marcus, BH. Randomized Controlled Trial Testing the Efficacy of an Internet Physical Activity Intervention for Sedentary Adults. Health Psychology. (In Press)