Laboratory: Behavioral Medicine Laboratory
Lab Location: E141 FH
Lab Phone: 319-384-4255
Lab Webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/hhpipal/
HHP:3050 Obesity: Causes, Consequences, Prevention, and Treatment
HHP:4420 Planning and Evaluating Health Interventions
HHP:6500 Seminar in Health Promotion
Designing and testing interventions that protect and advance health and wellness.
For a full list of Dr. Carr’s publications, go to:
1. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, and Marcus, BH. Walk Score as a Global Estimate of Neighborhood Walkability. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2010 Nov;39(5):460-3.
2. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, and Marcus, BH. Validation of Walk Score™ for Estimating Access to Walkable Amenities. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2011; 45:1144-1148.
3. Carr, LJ, Walaska, K, and Marcus, BH. Feasibility of a Portable Pedal Exercise Machine for Reducing Sedentary Time in the Workplace. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2012; 46(6):430-435.
4. Carr, LJ and Mahar MT. Accuracy of Intensity and Inclinometer Output of Three Activity Monitors for Identification of Sedentary Behavior and Light-Intensity Activity,” Journal of Obesity. 2012; 2012:1-9.
5. Carr LJ and Dunsiger, SI. Search Query Data to Monitor Interest in Behavior Change: Application for Public Health. PLoS ONE. 2012; 7(10): e48158.
6. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, Lewis, B, Ciccolo, JT, Hartman, S, Bock, BC, Dominick, G, & Marcus, BH. Randomized Controlled Trial Testing the Efficacy of an Internet Physical Activity Intervention for Sedentary Adults. Health Psychology. 2013;32(3):328-36.
7. Carr, LJ, Karvinen, K, Peavler, M, Smith, R and Cangelosi, K. Multicomponent Intervention to Reduce Daily Sedentary Time: A Randomised Controlled Trial. BMJ Open. 2013;3: e003261.
8. Carr, LJ, Leonhard, C, Tucker S, Fethke N, Benzo, R and Gerr, F. Total Worker Health™ Intervention Increases Activity of Sedentary Workers. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2016;50(1):9–17.
9. Carr, LJ, Swift, M, Ferrer, A and Benzo, R. Cross-sectional Examination of Long-term Access to Sit-stand Desks in a Professional Office Setting. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2016;50(1):96–100.
10. Carr, LJ, Dunsiger, SI, and Marcus, BH. Long-term Surveillance of Physical Activity Habits of Latinas enrolled in a 12-month Physical Activity Intervention. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. (In Press)
"Does Interrupting Prolonged Seated Work Protect the Health of Sedentary Employees?" Sponsor: Heartland Center for Occupational Health and Safety, University of Iowa; Training Grant No. T42OH008491 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. 2016-2017. Carr and Casey (Co-PIs)