Careers in Aging: Webinar Series
The Institute of Medicine's (IoM) report, "Retooling for an Aging America: Building the Health Care Workforce" (2008) projects a dramatic increase in the number of persons needed in all health-related professions over the next decades. Read the full report.
Iowa Webinar Series
These free webinars discuss the need for more people prepared to work with older adults in Iowa. The target audience is people who are considering career options including: high school students, community college students, college students, and persons in the workforce considering a career change.
The webinar series is a collaborative project of the three public universities in Iowa: The University of Iowa, Iowa State University, and the University of Northern Iowa, and the Des Moines Area Community College.
- Gerontological Nursing
- Social Policy & Advocacy: Government and Private Sector
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Management Careers in Residential Settings
- Social Work with Older Adults (Gerontological Social Work)
Careers in Gerontological Nursing
Careers in Social Policy & Advocacy: Government and Private Sector
Careers in Speech & Language Therapy - Working Effectively with Older Adults
Management Careers in Residential Settings for Older Adults (assisted living, nursing homes, residential care homes, etc.)
- Pioneer Network
- Advancing Excellence in America's Nursing Homes
- Green House
- Defining Person Centered Care in Assisted Living (Commonwealth Foundation)
Careers in Gerontological Social Work
- Geriatric Social Work Initiative
- National Center for Gerontological Social Work Education - CSWE
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- National Association of Social Workers