About the Hawkeye Poll
Since 2007, the Department of Political Science has conducted the Hawkeye Poll, a series of national and state public opinion polls that have resulted in important research by faculty and graduate students and that have exposed hundreds of undergraduates to the process of survey research.
The Hawkeye Poll is a cooperative venture between faculty and graduate students in which members help implement the survey in exhange for the opportunity to place questions on it.
The poll also constitutes an important learning opportunity for interested undergraduates enrolled in select political science courses. Hundreds of students have had the opportunity to directly participate in the research production process and to acquire valuable career-related knowledge about survey research and public polling in general.
Results from the October 2018 Hawkeye Poll of Iowa
- Iowa 2018 election-Hubbell holds slight edge over Reynolds: release, topline
- Iowans concerned about health care in advance of 2018 midterm election: release, topline
Results from the October 2015 Hawkeye Poll of Iowa
- Iowa Caucus 2016 - Carson and Clinton Lead in Iowa: release, topline
- Iowans Agree: Income Inequality is too large: release, topline
- Trump Trails Rubio in Iowa General Election Support: release, topline
Results from the March 2015 Hawkeye Poll of Johnson County
- Support for Justice Center Mixed: release, topline
- Police Support Among Johnson County Residents Is High: release, topline
- Johnson County Residents Support Vaccination but Beliefs Vary: release, topline
- Iowa Citians Weigh In On Charter Review Proposals: release, topline
- Johnson County Residents Support Local School Boards Setting School Start Dates, and Partisanship Dives Support For Free Community College release, topline
Results from the November 2013 Hawkeye Poll of Iowa
See the main story summarizing the results. Detailed press releases follow:
- One in Four Iowans Affected by the Government Shutdown: release, topline.
- Most Iowans Unaware but Supportive of Telemedicine Abortion Policy Change: release, topline.
- Iowa Gun Law Granting Firearm Permits to Blind People has Little Support: release, topline.
- Iowans Interested in Health Insurance Marketplace, but Unsure How to Navigate It: release, topline.
- Majority of Iowans Favor Legalizing Medical Marijuana: release, topline.
Archived Poll Data
Data from previous Hawkeye Polls have been archived for public use through the Dataverse at Harvard. The Hawkeye Poll Dataverse allows users to perform analyses online or to download the entire survey data if needed. VIsit the archive at: https://dataverse.harvard.edu/dataverse/Iowa_Hawkeye_Poll.