A Global Health Studies certificate student meets with a family while studying sickle cell disease in Uganda
The Global Health Studies Program provides a broad choice of educational options.
- The Global Health Studies B.A. builds upon the humanities, social sciences, and health sciences to help students better understand the underlying forces--such as history, culture, gender and sexuality, economics, politics, race and ethnicity, the environment, law, and technology--which lead to health disparities both locally and worldwide.
- The Global Health Studies B.S. is designed particularly for students planning to enter professional programs in the health sciences.
For undergraduate students in other majors who are interested in pursuing a career related to international health, the Global Health Studies certificate is available.
- Undergraduates may pursue a Global Health Studies minor in conjunction with their other major areas of study.
- Global Health studies is a focus area for the B.A. in International Studies, and the B.A. in Interdepartmental Studies/Health Science.
- Graduate students in either M.A., Ph.D., or professional programs can also earn the Global Health Studies certificate.