Results from the March 2015 Hawkeye Poll of Johnson County
- Support for Justice Center Mixed: release, topline
- Police Support Among Johnson County Residents Is High: release, topline
- Johnson County Residents Support Vaccination but Beliefs Vary: release, topline
- Iowa Citians Weigh In On Charter Review Proposals: release, topline
- Johnson County Residents Support Local School Boards Setting School Start Dates, and Partisanship Dives Support For Free Community College release, topline
Results from the November 2013 Hawkeye Poll of Iowa
See the main story summarizing the results. Detailed press releases follow:
About the Hawkeye Poll:
Since 2007, the Department of Political Science has conducted the Hawkeye Poll, a series of national and state public opinion polls that have resulted in important research by faculty and graduate students and that have exposed hundreds of undergraduates to the process of survey research.
The Hawkeye Poll is a cooperative venture between faculty and graduate students in which members help implement the survey in exhange for the opportunity to place questions on it.
The poll also constitutes an important learning opportunity for interested undergraduates enrolled in select Political Science courses. Hundreds of students have had the opportunity to directly participate in the research production process and to acquire valuable career-related knowledge about survey research and public polling in general.
The Hawkeye Poll Cooperative is currently doing another survey. This fall we will complete a telephone survey of about 900 Iowans and will include questions from Political Science faculty and graduate students. Undergraduates in five different courses will get hands-on experience with survey research including submitting their own questions, assisting with data collection, and writing press releases. Look for our results in late November.
Archived Poll Data:
Data from previous Hawkeye Polls have been archived for public use through the Dataverse at Harvard. The Hawkeye Poll Dataverse allows users to perform analyses online or to download the entire survey data if needed. Here is the link.