If you’re experiencing challenges of any kind that are affecting your ability to be successful in or out of the classroom and don’t know where to go for help—we’re here for you.
The Office of Academic Programs & Student Development can help with many issues, including the following:
- Study skills
- Grades and academic performance
- Time management
- Illness and other emergencies
- Emotional concerns
- Family and relationship issues
- Academic probation
- Complaints concerning a class, instructor, or related issues
- Choosing a major
- We can listen to your concerns, support you during a difficult time, and connect you with the many resources offered by The University of Iowa.
We can also explain how University policies may affect you and help you to understand all of your options so that you are able to make the very best decisions about your future. Please make an appointment with us today.
The Office of Academic Programs & Student Development sponsors an important and vibrant peer mentoring program.
Our peer mentors work with CLAS undergraduates, sharing their understanding of university life and their wisdom about how to best succeed at Iowa. Our peer mentors are happy to talk with you about many issues, such as these:
- effective study strategies
- time management
- campus resources
- opportunities at UI, both academic and social
- using a study coach
Ask the peer mentors questions or schedule a meeting via e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (335-2633) or just drop in to 120 SH to set up a meeting..
Contact a peer mentor:
Check out our study tips from science professors around campus!