Fellow CLAS staff members – We hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying healthy during the COVID-19 crisis. If you need the most up-to-date information about University of Iowa policies and responses to the pandemic, please visit the UI’s page dedicated to Campus Coronavirus Updates. If you have questions or concerns specific to CLAS staff, feel free to use the feedback mechanisms below to connect with us. We are here for you!
2020-2021 CLAS Staff Council
The purpose of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Staff Council is to provide a venue for staff members in the College to participate in collegiate and university-level shared governance. The CLAS Staff Council:
- facilitates communication within and between the academic and service divisions about challenges to staff members
- advises the Dean on collegiate policies and decisions that affect staff
- provides a conduit for staff to voice concerns to CLAS administration
- recognizes staff members for their service
- ensures staff involvement in committees and discussions that affect the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences represented staff.
If you have ideas, questions or concerns about the College, CLAS Staff Council would love to hear from you:
Please feel free to email us anytime at: CLAS-Staff-Council@uiowa.edu
... or if you feel more comfortable speaking with individual members of the group, feel free to contact them directly.
We look forward to working with you on developing a shared governance that works for everyone.