Students pursuing Honors in the Department of Sociology and Criminology can gain research experience by conducting sociological or criminology related research on a topic of interest, in consultation with a faculty member of the student’s choice (please see the honors tab for program requirements).
Honors research is usually completed over an academic year, which gives students significant time to collaborate with and learn from a faculty member.
Past honors thesis topics:
- Family structure, poverty and mental health
- Relationship satisfaction in intimate relationships
- Immigrants and identity
- Pre-marital cohabitation and divorce
- Analysis of Police Legitimacy in NYC (Full title: The Legitimacy of Police Over Time: An Analysis of Police Brutality in NYC)
- Democratic Functioning, State Suppression, and Terrorism
- Legal Response to Partner Violence among Same Sex and Opposite Sex Couples