What is Lillian’s story?
Lillian’s career has been dedicated to newswriting for contemporary audiences. She joined the University of Iowa faculty in January 2016 after previous teaching assignments at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois, and Friends University in Wichita, Kansas.
A longtime journalist in Kansas and Oklahoma, Lillian served 15 years in the newspaper industry, most recently at the Wichita Eagle. She worked as both a copy editor and a reporter covering government, business, health care and higher education. She holds a bachelor of science degree from Kansas State University and a master’s degree from the University of Oklahoma.
- JMC:2010 Journalistic Reporting and Writing
- JMC:3400 Specialized Reporting and Writing
- Higher Education
- Health and Wellness
- Jan LaFever Memorial Adjunct Award for Excellence in Teaching, Friends University, 2005
- First place in feature writing, Kansas Press Association Contest, 1996
- First place in government reporting, Harris News Contest, 1994, 1991
- Parrish Colloquium Fellow, Kansas State University Department of History, 1993
- First place in feature writing, Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow national contest, 1985