The College partners with the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of the Provost in supporting the salary and fringe benefits of faculty who receive prestigious external fellowships (Guggenheim, NEH, ACLS, and other prestigious awards). This support makes it possible for faculty to accept these awards without suffering a major reduction in salary or loss of fringe benefits.
Faculty members must follow the process below to be considered for a stipend supplement and/or fringe benefits.
- Complete the Stipend Supplement/Fringe Benefits Request form and submit it to workflow. Attach the complete fellowship application to the form. The form will route to the faculty members' DEO (or DEOs, if joint appointment) and then the Dean's Office.
- Please note that the fellowship application should also be routed to the Division of Sponsored Programs through the UIRIS system.
- Notification of Fellowship Award. When the faculty member is notified of the funding agency’s decision, s/he immediately notifies the DEO and Executive Associate Dean Curto.
- Award of Stipend Supplement/Fringe Benefits. The College will make decisions on support based on the criteria and eligibility standards in the CLAS Guidelines for Awarding Stipend Supplement/Fringe Benefit Support.
- After the request has been reviewed you will receive notification from the College.