Director of Undergraduate Studies
Click here to view our course listings and indicate "RELS" in the Course Subject box.
Major in Religious Studies
The major in religious studies enables students to gain cultural competence and develop critical skills necessary for living in an increasingly diverse and interconnected world. A degree in religious studies is often added as a second major or a minor to enhance students’ education and training in graduate and professional programs, including medical, business, legal, teaching, and research disciplines.
Courses in religious studies aim to help students:
- understand key religious ideas and major traditions;
- learn critical approaches to interpreting historical events;
- apply new knowledge and analytical skills to explain the role of religion in societies;
- develop critical skills to function in diverse societies and a globalized world; and
- employ technologies to interpret ancient texts, images, artifacts, and study output of new tools including radio, television, and digital media.
Please see additional Undergraduate Procedures for further information on advising, General Education Program, double majors, independent study, transfer credit, Four-Year Graduation Plan, and internship opportunities.
For information regarding Undergraduate Study Abroad click here.
For specific inquiries about undergraduate study, please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Professor Morten Schlütter.