GAME NIGHT: Featuring D&D and Board Games
Wednesday October 5
3rd Floor Gilmore Hall
D&D lovers are sure to have fun with this one-shot *D&D night, including pizza, soda, snacks, and additional board games!
Bring your own character or choose one of ours.
Space is limited for D&D and the first 20 registrants get a free dice set, so register early!
*If you aren't a D&D player or don't get a seat at D&D, we will have board games too!
Registration is open from Sept. 19 - Oct. 4.
D&D Event Base Rules
- The short adventure will run for about 3 hours. Refreshments will be provided beforehand and are welcome at the table;
- The game will utilize Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition rules. Pre-generated characters will draw from the Player’s Handbook, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, and Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything;
- Characters will be 5th level (multi-classing allowed);
- Character statistics should follow the standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) assigned as you like before applying racial modifiers;
- Home-built characters should only utilize Wizards of the Coast published material in the interest of fairness to other players;
- Small maps may be used for visualization, but games will not be played strictly on a battle grid with miniatures unless the DM prepares such materials separately.
- In the interest of time, rules arbitration should be kept to a minimum. If you disagree with a DM’s decision, ask your question and abide by the DM’s choice;
- Players are welcome to discuss any puzzles or strategies out of character, but in-character deliberation is preferred. Your DM will have input on this at your table;
- The DM is at liberty to add additional table-interaction rules at the request or for the comfort of the players;
- Players should endeavor to encourage and support one another. Suggesting alternatives or finding ways to help other players is preferable to simply telling someone not to do something or otherwise obstructing the party.
- Players should abstain from profanity, hostility, or slurs. We will be hosting an official University of Iowa event, and so conduct appropriate to student codes should be assumed;
- Character seduction to be avoided;
- Descriptions of combat should avoid excessive gore or gratuitous violence in the interest of ensuring all players are comfortable at the table.
Questions? Email email@example.com