Martha Kirby serves as the academic advisor for political science and international relations majors who have earned at least 24 semester hours.
Advising Drop-in Schedule | AY2019-20
For quick questions, send Martha an email to: email@example.com
Questions or Scheduling:
- To schedule an appointment, go through your MyUI account here.
- For adding and dropping courses and other immediate issues, stop by for drop-in hours in 344 Schaeffer Hall.
*Scheduling an individual appointment is recommended if you would like to review your degree audit, create a plan to graduation, or have other questions for which an extended conversation is needed.
Martha is available to assist students with the following:
- Advisor signatures on add/drop and other university forms
- Questions about course registration
- Questions or problems with your degree audit
- Academic probation
- Review of study abroad courses for major credit
- Opportunities for Honors students
- Discussions regarding adding second majors, minors, and certificate programs
- Information regarding campus resources for students
- Choosing your faculty advisor
- Other questions or concerns you may have
In addition, when you achieve junior standing and above you will be assigned a faculty advisor; students and faculty are matched based on shared academic interests. While you will continue to see Martha Kirby for routine advising functions, your faculty advisor is available to:
- Provide disciplinary guidance for research projects
- Serve as a mentor for honors theses and projects
- Discuss your graduate and professional school aspirations
- Supervise off-site student internships
We encourage you to allow your advisor the opportunity to get to know you well enough that they can provide expert advice tailored to your individual interests.