Graduate Student Talks 2016 - present
- "Psychiatric Classification: A Question of Priorities," University of Iowa Graduate Philosophical Society conference, November 2016.
- “Individuation, Substance, and Supersubstantivalism” (2016), Distinguished Alumni Keynote, Western Michigan University Graduate Philosophy Conference; Kalamazoo, MI.
- “Kant and Wittgenstein on Substance” (2016), Society for the Study of the History of Analytical Philosophy (SSHAP), Metropolitan State University of Denver; Denver, CO.
- “Naturalized Virtue Ethics and the Neuroscience of Self-Control,” at (1) Ethics and the Brain Conference (2016), The Center for Cognition and Neuroethics, Insight Institute of Neurosurgery and Neuroscience; Flint, MI; & at (2) Symposium: “Does Neuroscience Have Normative Implications?” (2016), Illinois Institute of Technology; Chicago, IL.
- "The Nature of Russell's Sense-Data", University of Iowa Graduate Philosophy Student Fall Conference, November 12, 2015.
- "For Inclusive Logic", at Illinois Philosophical Association Meeting, November 5-6, 2016; Central States Philosophical Association Meeting, October 28-29, 2016; and 4th Annual Philosopher's Cocoon Philosophy Conference, October 8-9, 2016.
- "A Theorem of Infinity for Principia Mathematica", at Bertrand Russell Society Annual Meeting, June 24-26, 2016; Society for the Study of the History of Analytic Philosophy 5th Annual Conference, June 16-18, 2016; and Central Division Annual Meeting, March 3, 2016 (Bertrand Russell Society Group Session: GIV-11).
- "On Russell's "Vagueness"", Central Division Annual Meeting (Symposium), March 3, 2016.
- "On Newman's Twin Objections to Russell's Structural Realism", Central Division Annual Meeting, March 3, 2016 (Society for the Study of the History of Analytic Philosophy Group Session: 'Russell and Wittgenstein in the 1910s and 1920s: New Developments').
- "Against Sense Data as Structured Universals", Kansas Philosophical Society 2016 Annual Meeting, February 13, 2016.
- "The Conservative's Escape from the Circle, " 70th Annual Mountain-Plains Philosophy Conference, October 2016; Pittsburgh Area Philosophy Colloquium, September 2016.
- "Where in the net is intentionality?," 39th Midsouth Philosophy Conference, February 2016.
- “A Three-tiered Distinction Between Types of Charitable Causes,” American Philosophical Association, Eastern Division, January 7, 2017.
- “Contextualism and Contingent A Priori Knowledge,” Midsouth Philosophy Conference, Rhodes College, February 20, 2016.
- “Is Retributivism Ready for Retirement?,” University of Iowa Graduate Philosophical Society conference, November 2016.
- "Breaking the Binary: How a Relatively Unknown 17th Century Philosopher Started a Movement"
- --March 2017 at the No Limits Conference, University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- --March 2017 at the Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Conference at University of South Dakota
- --April 2017 at the Craft, Critique, Culture Conference, University of Iowa
- --April 2017 at the 4W Summit, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- “Biocommunication,” Newton Fund Conference on the Philosophies of Mind, Language & Action, Brazil, Sao Paulo, September, 2016; “Biocommunication,” The 1st Context, Cognition and Communication Conference, Poland, Warsaw, June, 2016; “Biocommunication,” Long Island Philosophical Society Conference, April, 2016; 23rd Annual Kent State Philosophy Graduate Student Conference in Remembrance of May 4th, March, 2016.
- “Solutions to the Disjunction Problem by “Weak” and “Strong” Teleosemantics: Why natural selection favors strong teleosemantics,” International Conference on Thinking, August, 2016.
- “Consciousness Ascription by Misrepresentation: A new methodology for the clinical use of brain images,” Conference on Pragmatism and the Brain, June, 2016; Syracuse University Graduate Student Philosophy Conference, April, 2016.
- “Shannon, Millikan and Dretske on Information and Communication: Can we Communicate without Correlation?,” International Association for Computing and Philosophy Conference, Italy, Ferrara, June, 2016; 18th Annual James F. Jakobsen Graduate Conference, March, 2016 (Awarded).
- “Vegetative State, Consciousness Ascription and Misrepresentation: A New Methodology,” 10th Southeast Graduate Philosophy Conference, March, 2016; 40th Annual Midsouth Philosophy Conference, February, 2016.
- "Wolterstorff on Secular and Theistic Attempts to Ground Human Rights," Society of Christian Philosophers--Midwest Region, September 2016.
- "Wolterstorff on Secular and Theistic Attempts to Ground Human Rights," Midsouth Philosophy Conference, February 2016.
- "The Ethics of the N Word," Long Island Philosophy Society Annual Graduate Conference, April 2017; University of Iowa Graduate Philosophical Society conference, November 2016.
- "The Ethics of Racial Slurs," University of Iowa Graduate Philosophy Society Conference, October 2016.