Phillip D. Cummins
- Minds, Ideas, and Objects: Essays on the Theory of Representation in Modern Philosophy. Co-edited with Guenter Zoeller. North American Kant Society Studies in Philosophy, Vol.2 Ridgeview Press, Atascadero, California, 1993.
- "Perceptual Relativity and Ideas in the Mind," Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, 24 1963-64, 202-214.
- "Berkeley's Likeness Principle," Journal of the History of Philosophy, 4 1966, 63-69.
- "Kant on Outer and Inner Intuition," Nous, 2 1968, 271-292.
- "Hume's Disavowal of the Treatise," The Philosophical Review, 82 1973, 371-379.
- "Reid's Realism,"
- Journal of the History of Philosophy, 12 1974, 317-340.
- "Berkeley's Ideas of Sense," Nous, 9 1974, 55-72.
- "Reid on Abstract General Ideas," in Thomas Reid: Critical Interpretations, Barker and Beauchamp, editors, Philosophical Monographs, 1976, 62-76.
- "Hylas' Parity Arguments," Berkeley: Critical and Interpretive Essays, Colin Turbayne, editor, University of Minnesota Press, 1982, 283-294.
- "How Hume Read Berkeley: Hume's Account of Belief in an External World as a Variation on and Refutation of Berkeleian Immaterialism," Proceedings of the Heraclitean Society, Western Michigan University, 10 1985, pp.85-107.
- "On the status of visuals in Berkeley's new theory of vision," in Essays on the Philosophy of George Berkeley, E. Sosa, editor, by D. Reidel Publishing Company, 1987, pp.165-194.
- "Berkeley's Unstable Ontology," The Modern Schoolman, 67 (November-1989), 15-32.
- "Bayle, Leibniz, Hume and Reid on Extension, Composites, and Simples," History of Philosophy Quarterly, 7 (1990), 299-315.
- "Berkeley's Manifest Qualities Thesis", Journal of the History of Philosophy, 28 (1990), pp.385-401. Berkeley Prize Essay. Reprinted in Berkeley's Metaphysics, Structural, Interpretive, and Critical Essays, edited by Robert G. Muehlmann, Pennsylvania State University Press, University Park, PA., 1995, pp.107-125.
- "Hume on the Idea of Existence," Hume Studies, 17 1991, 61-82. Reprinted in David Hume: Critical Assessments, edited by Stanley Tweyman, Routledge, New York, 1995, vol. 3 (forthcoming).
- "Hume as Dualist and Anti-Dualist," Hume Studies, 21 1995, 47-55
- "Hume on Qualities," Hume Studies, 22 1996 49-88.
- "Hume on Possible Objects and Impossible Ideas," in Logic and the Workings of the Mind: The Logic of Ideas and Faculty Psychology in Early Modern Philosophy. Volume 5 of the North American Kant Society Studies in Philosophy. Edited by Patricia A. Easton. Ridgeview Press, Atascadero, California, 1997.
- Washington University--Saint Louis, 1961-1963
- University of Iowa, 1963-1996
- Visiting Professor: University of British Columbia (Summer, 1964)
- Visiting Professor: State University of New York-Buffalo (Summer, 1967)
- Visiting Professor: University of Illinois-Urbana (Spring and Summer, 1970)