All of our trainings in cultural competence focus on understanding and enhancing the strengths and resilience of diverse families and communities. We offer introductory and advanced trainings in cultural competence at the individual and organizational levels. We also offer cultural competence training specifically for supervisors.
- Increasing awareness and knowledge of diversity and culture
- Basic skill building for cultural competence
- Cultural competence as a framework for ethical practice
- Understanding poverty and class differences
- Culturally competent interviewing, assessment and intervention
- Family centered practice with diverse families
- Strength-based approaches to reducing disproportional representation of minority youth and families in systems of social control (child welfare, juvenile justice, and educational discipline)
- Recruiting, retaining and managing a diverse workforce
- Supervising generational diversity
- Supervising cultural competent practice
- Becoming a cultural competence organization: a model for change
We cater our training topics to fit your agency needs.