Welcome to the National Resource Center for Family Centered Practice!
We are a project of the University of Iowa School of Social Work . Our mission is to promote family-centered, community-based, culturally competent practice within organizations and across systems through research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and information dissemination.
We work with federal, state, and local government, private nonprofit and for-profit organizations on a variety of projects.
Program areas include:
- Child Welfare
- Juvenile Justice
- Pregnancy Prevention and Intervention
- Community Action & Anti-Poverty Programs
- Culturally Competent Services
- Organizational and Community Development
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Homelessness & Transitional Housing
- Early Child Education and Head Start
- School Systems
- Correctional Services
- Faith-Based Programs
- Disabilities & Early Access
- Long-Term Care
- Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Social Work Workforce Issues
- Public Health
- Community Collaboration
Please take a few minutes to look at the various services and programs that our Center offers.