Using the VMWare Horizon Client on Windows
- Download the VMware Horizon Client for Windows 10 UWP. Select the 32 bit or 64 bit as appropriate for your computer (typically, 64b bit). Click on the "Download" button.
- The VMware web page will redirect you to the Windows store to install the View client. Click "Get".
- Click "Open Microsoft Store"
- Click "Install"
- If it asks for an email address, try your Uiowa email address If that doesn't work, just press cancel and it will finish the download and installation with out trying to syncronize this installation across your multiple devices.
Start the VMWare Horizon Client
Click "Add Server"
- Enter vdi-clas.iowa.uiowa.edu for the name of the connection server and click Connect:
- Type in your HawkID for the "User Name:" and your Hawkid password in the "passcode:" box.
- Type the word "push", "sms" or "enter passcode" in the box for "Next Token Code. To use the DUO push app on your phone, type "push". IF YOU GET AN ACCESS DENIED ERROR, you need to enroll in DUO 2 factor here .
- This should log you into one of the CLAS Virtual machines. Click CLAS-CVM Spring/Fall to launch a new connection: