Complete a transfer form when:
- a current University of Iowa employee, whether faculty, staff, or student, is transferring into a University position other than his/her current one, and no break in service will occur between the last date in the current position and the first date in the new position
- a person is moving to or from a complimentary or emeritus status
Effecting the change in position through the transfer form is important in order to maintain benefits as the employee moves from one position or status to another.
Do not use a transfer form in the following cases:
- Transfers are not allowed to a bi-weekly position. This move is accomplished with a termination and new appointment, rather than a transfer.
- Transfers are not allowed to or from any bi-weekly position to or from a merit permanent position. Instead, this is accomplished with a termination and new appointment.
- When the new position is a second University position, and the current position is being maintained, complete neither a transfer nor a termination, only a new appointment. (Note: the combined positions cannot exceed 100%.)
Complete a termination transaction when:
- a University of Iowa employee, whether faculty, staff, or student, is either terminating from the University entirely or terminating from one of multiple positions.
In order to prevent overpayment situations, termination/transfer forms should be processed as soon as the department is notified.