Mary Louise Kelley Staff Excellence Awards
The Mary Louise Kelley Staff Excellence Awards are given annually to recognize staff members of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences who performed exceptional service or contributed ideas that improved the work of the department or the College.
Eligibility, criteria, and nominations
- All permanent full-time and part-time (50% or more) Professional & Scientific, Merit Exempt, and Merit staff members employed in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are eligible to be nominated for this award.
- The criteria by which nominees are evaluated include the nominee’s exceptional service to their department or to the College, ideas the nominee proposed that improved the work of the department or the College; and contributions that extend beyond those normally expected or required by the job description.
- Any College of Liberal Arts & Sciences staff, faculty, or student may make nominations. Nominators must complete the nomination form (below) and include the necessary supporting information. The deadline for submission is Friday, February 8, 2019. Nominations that are incomplete or received after the deadline will be returned.
Nomination, selection, and announcement process
- This award process is conducted annually. The nomination form (see below) must be received no later than Friday, February 8, 2019. Recipients will be announced in March.
- Nominations are to be submitted electronically, and questions concerning the Staff Excellence Award are to be directed to Kari Gates , CLAS Human Resources.
- Nominations will be evaluated with respect to the award criteria by members of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Staff Recognition Committee and The Dean. More than one Staff Excellence Award may be given by the committee each year.
- Recipients of this award will be invited to a reception with the Deans, featured on the CLAS website and honored at the annual College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Staff Recognition Reception, which is held each spring.