Leave of Absence for Staff

A Merit or P&S staff member may request a leave of absence by completing an online absence report form, accessible under "Time Reporting" on Employee Self Service. Once this form is approved by the DEO, the department must process a leave of absence form via the HR Transaction System.

See the University policy on Leave of Absence for additional information.

When an employee takes a leave of absence, funds for a temporary replacement are not automatically provided to the department. The DEO should apply to Julie Rothbardt, Senior Director of CLAS Human Resources, as early as possible to request temporary funding.