CLAS Leadership Award
The CLAS Leadership Award is given annually to recognize a member(s) of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences who exhibited exceptional leadership qualities and positively impacted individuals, departments, or the College.
Eligibility, criteria, and nominations
- All permanent full-time and part-time (50% or more) Professional & Scientific, Merit Exempt, and Merit staff employed in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences are eligible to be nominated for this award.
- This award recognizes an individual(s) who exhibits excellence in leadership by adhering to the following criteria: sets a high standard of integrity by leading through example; motivates and inspires people around them; supports innovative ideas in diverse environments; encourages meaningful and dynamic professional relationships; promotes professional development; maintains a positive and constructive approach to receiving and giving feedback; fostering a culture of inclusiveness.
- Any College of Liberal Arts & Sciences staff, faculty, or student may nominate a CLAS member. Nominators must complete the nomination form (below) and include the necessary supporting information. The deadline for submission is Friday, February 9, 2018. Nominations that are incomplete or received after the deadline will be returned.
Nomination, selection, and announcement process
- This award process is conducted annually. The nomination form (see below) must be received no later than Friday, February 9, 2018. Recipients will be announced in March.
- Nominations are to be submitted in electronically, and questions concerning the CLAS Leadership Award are to be directed to Kari Gates, CLAS Human Resources.
- Nominations will be evaluated with respect to the award criteria by members of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Staff Recognition Committee and The Dean. More than one CLAS Leadership Award may be given by the committee each year.
- Recipients of this award will be invited to a reception with The Dean, featured on the CLAS website and honored at the annual College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Staff Recognition Reception, which is held each spring.