Department of History funding opportunity for Unpaid Internships! (Application Deadline, April 13, 2018)
The Department of History is pleased to announce an award that will provide $1000 each for two undergraduate or graduate students in History who are pursuing unpaid internship opportunities. History majors and minors will be given preference. This opportunity is made possible by a generous gift from a University of Iowa History graduate.
Students may apply for internships underway in spring 2018, or anticipated for summer of 2018. Students doing internships in the fall of 2018 may be eligible depending on the availability of funding. An additional (later) announcement will be made if fall funding is available.
Qualifying internships may count for course credits. Students interested in receiving course credit need to register for HIST:3101 (select the faculty supervisor from the approved MyUI listing) during the appropriate academic session.
Interested students should submit the following materials by email to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 13th:
1) Resumé or curriculum vitae. Please include your full name & student ID.
2) Description of the internship opportunity, including actual dates of the experience, and the benefit to your plan of study and/or professional preparation.
3) Copy of your application materials for the internship.
4) Letter from Internship Sponsor confirming internship and dates if available. If the letter is not available at the time of your application, we will require it before releasing funds.
5) Essay (approx. 500-words) on how the study of history has shaped your educational experience, and how your understanding of history will influence your path after graduation.
Successful candidates will be required (a) to write a brief report following their internship and (b) to participate in an informational session about internships in spring 2019, with exceptions for extenuating circumstances (such as a move away from Iowa City).