The International Engagement Teaching Award, jointly awarded by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and University of Iowa International Programs, is given annually to a CLAS faculty member in recognition of excellence in any of the following areas:
- Creating learning environments that encourage interactions between international and domestic students and supporting international students’ integration into the University community, inside and outside the classroom.
- Using disciplinary or interdisciplinary pedagogical approaches in the curriculum that add and/or enhance international perspective.
- Encouraging students to actively integrate international internships and/or study-abroad programs into their education.
- Service work supporting and/or developing programs which offer internationally-focused learning experiences
- Fostering other international experiences for undergraduate or graduate students.
- Monica Correia, Art and Art History
- Benjamin Hassman, Rhetoric
- Marie Kruger, English
- Ana Rodríguez-Rodríguez, Spanish and Portuguese