In order to ensure that grades from undergraduate courses are submitted in time to contact students about their possible dismissal from CLAS, the following policy for undergraduate off-cycle courses scheduled for spring or fall semesters is effective starting with Spring 2020.
- CLAS undergraduate off-cycle courses offered during a regular semester (spring or fall) must end before or on the “close of classes” date as indicated on the Registrar’s academic calendar.
- Final exams for these off-cycle courses must be given during a class meeting day and time as already scheduled for the course and before the Final Exam Week begins. No exams for these off-cycle courses may be given during Final Exam Week.
- Final exams for off-cycle courses are granted an exception to the CLAS policy that “no exams of any kind may be given during the week before the Final Exam Week.”
Included and Excluded Courses
- This policy includes undergraduate on-campus and online courses.
This policy excludes courses that take place in another location and/or involve travel, such as study abroad or fieldwork courses.
- This policy excludes off-cycle courses offered during summer or winter sessions.
- Graduate courses are excluded from this policy.
- Beginning Fall 2022, Big Ten Academic Alliance CourseShare courses are excluded from the above policies. These include WLLC: 3000, 3001, 3002, 3003, 3004, and 3005.