CV guidelines starting summer 2021
As you know, the APR system through Watermark/Digital Measures will no longer be used starting in summer 2021. Faculty are required to use the CLAS Standard CV template after that date. This is also the word document that the APR produces so faculty currently using APR can run the CLAS Standard CV report then use the word document to continue to update their CV.
Only the CLAS Standard CV will be accepted for all promotions, annual reviews, merit raises, and other evaluations of faculty beginning in the Fall of 2021.
If you are new to CLAS and have not used the APR system, please modify your current CV word document to match the CLAS Standard CV template. The APR program is being discontinued at UIOWA on 6/30/2021. If you currently have an APR account please run the CLAS Standard CV report and begin maintaining it in that word document. This is especially important if you are coming up for review or promotion. When APR is discontinued no data will be lost from the program as it is archived at UIOWA daily. If you do not have an APR account use this CLAS Standard CV template.
Your data currently in APR will be run as a CLAS Standard CV report and stored in the department folders in N:\DeansOffice\CLAS Faculty CV. If you make significant changes you will want to email a copy to your admin to put in this folder. If your admin is away, you can email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org to be uploaded into your department's N drive folder.
It is in your best interest to keep your CV information up to date and as accurate as possible. APR reports or the CLAS Standard CV template are used for departmental reviews, annual merit raises, promotion and tenure.
“CLAS Standard CV” is currently the only faculty CV accepted by CLAS. This includes P&T reviews, probationary reviews, contract-renewal reviews, annual reviews, 5-year peer reviews, and any other faculty reviews. If you are a faculty member CLAS Standard CV is the report you should be using for your CV.
You can turn on annotations for P&T purposes or leave them off to print your personal CV. This feature can be accessed by clicking on the report tab at the top of the screen, choosing your date range, citation style, annotations and file format prior to running. It may be easiest for you to keep a master CV with everything on it then trim out extra information on a copy for specific purposes.
Please take care to update and review your information carefully as you are ultimately responsible for all information you have reported through APR. Check the date range when running the CLAS Standard CV report.
Enrollment data in APR
Enrollment counts have been updated in APR for Spring 2021. You will need to manually update these lists from now on. Off-cycle course enrollment counts should be collected on the last day of class.
Instructors who teach lecture with lab/discussion please remember the student was counted should not be counted in the lecture but not the lab/discussion. Otherwise, the student would be counted twice.
Instructors who ONLY teach the lab/discussion, the student is counted on the lab/discussion.
The College does not want ACE scores entered into your CV.
Suggestions for defining “Scope”
- International = organization’s location outside the US, International in the name of organization/sponsor, or if organization has international members.
- National = organizations inside the US, national listed in the name of the organization
- Regional = organizations located within a specific region
- State = organizations located within a specific state
- Local = organizations within a 25-mile radius of Iowa City
- University = University-wide
- College = pertains to College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Faculty should use the CLAS Standard CV. This is best run from the reports tab which allows you to select whether you want annotations to be shown. Be sure to select the desired date range, otherwise it will default to the current year from January to December.
- Whenever a publication is being entered into APR as “In Preparation: Not Yet Submitted”, use the current date at the time of adding the entry to APR (not when you think the publication will be finished). This will allow the entry to show up in your CLAS Standard CV during the review period. For example, if it is entered as 2020 and the report range is through 2019, the entry will not show.
- The CLAS Department Review CV is used by the department when it is being reviewed by CLAS and external reviewers.
- Remember to keep your APR data current. By keeping it up to date, you will provide the most accurate information for your administrators to make informed decisions. Keeping it current will also make it easier for you to affirm your data when it comes time for Annual Merit Raise Reviews.
- Periodically run your CLAS Standard CV to see how your printed data looks. This will give you the opportunity to fine tune the appearance and make sure everything is accurate. If there are problems or questions you will be able to bring them to the APR CV workshops or seek assistance before deadlines arise.