All applicants must have:
- graduated from an upper secondary school (high school) or its equivalent
- a source of funds sufficient to pay for all expenses while in the IIEP (unfortunately, scholarships and financial aid are not available)
- some formal exposure to English language instruction
The IIEP welcomes students preparing to enter universities or technical schools at either the undergraduate or graduate levels as well as business people and anyone wishing to improve his or her English skills.
There is no deadline for the submission of applications; however, applying early is important. We recommend that prospective students submit all application materials by the following dates:
- Fall applicants: mid-June
- Spring applicants: October
- Summer applicants: March
All applicants must submit the following items:
- An application for admission, either online or paper. All items on the application form must be completed.
- A copy of the passport page that contains your picture and the exact spelling of your name. If you do not have a passport yet, please be sure your full name on the application is spelled exactly as you expect it to appear on your passport.
- A $90 nonrefundable application fee
- A $250 nonrefundable tuition deposit - This deposit is applied toward the tuition due for the first term of study; it can be transferred to a later term if you are delayed in coming to the IIEP.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you receive an admission packet and I-20 from the IIEP, and you decide to defer your enrollment to another semester you must pay the cost of shipping each time you defer your attendance and need another I-20 sent to you.
- Personal or sponsor's bank statement showing at least $24,350 (the amount for one academic year), a scholarship letter, or a financial guarantee letter. Please send this to our office address, or email a scanned copy to email@example.com.
Or, print an application and pay with a check or money order.
If you cannot apply online or print a paper application, please e-mail us your address and we will send you a paper application.
Admission to The University of Iowa
Admission to the IIEP does not constitute admission to The University of Iowa. Admission to the University requires a separate application and qualifications based on high school and university transcripts, personal recommendations, and English proficiency. Please note: If you are applying for the International Conditional Admission Program, please submit all application materials to the Admissions Department at the University of Iowa. Do not submit application materials to the IIEP.