Reminder: Faculty Funding Opportunities from International Programs with Fall 2022 Deadlines
Please see the following message from Russell Ganim, Associate Provost and Dean for International Programs.
I am writing with a reminder about upcoming application deadlines for faculty funding opportunities from International Programs:
- Deadline: October 15
- The Global Research Partnership Award (GRPA) is intended to help initiate new or expand existing international partnerships and/or to build an institutional relationship to facilitate future joint research projects. Two GRPAs are available, for up to $10,000 each.
- Deadline: October 31
- The International Programs Summer Research Fellowship is a developmental award designed to promote the internationalization of research on campus. The strongest proposals will demonstrate genuine engagement with international issues, whether aesthetic, cultural, historical, political, or global. While such projects will typically involve work at an international location, travel abroad is not required. Each $3,000 summer fellowship is expected to result in at least one publication, exhibit, or performance.
- Deadline: November 1
- Faculty Research Award: The Center for Asian and Pacific Studies (CAPS) is pleased to invite applications from all tenured and tenure-track UI faculty members engaged in research on East Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific region. Awards will not exceed $3,000 and are competitive. Recipients are encouraged to supplement their awards with funds from other sources.
- Faculty Conference Travel Award: CAPS accepts applications for awards to travel to and give presentations at both domestic and international conferences from UI faculty members engaged in research on East Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific region. Awards will not exceed $800 for traveling to conferences domestically (including Canada) and $1,200 for traveling to conferences internationally. Applicants are encouraged to supplement their awards with funds from other sources.
- Deadline: November 20
- Through the generous support of the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization, International Programs' Major Projects Award promotes important contributions to scholarly debates and exchanges on international topics, issues, discoveries, and arts. Proposals for events that will take place on the University of Iowa campus and that will enhance international knowledge and understanding for University of Iowa faculty, staff, and students are therefore especially welcome. A single project will be funded, up to $12,500.
- Deadline: proposals are considered on a rolling basis throughout the academic year
- Funded in part by the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization, International Programs’ Special Projects Awards support internationalization at the University of Iowa by providing funding for small-scale international activities on campus. Past funded Special Projects have included visiting lecturers, speakers, film series, exhibitions, and other public activities that support international engagement on campus. Awards are typically a maximum of $500.
- Deadline: the last day of each month
- International Programs' International Travel Awards contribute to internationalization at the University of Iowa by funding the international scholarship and engagement of UI faculty. Through the generous support of the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization, International Travel Awards support international travel for research, creative activity, and active conference participation or other collaborative activity. International Travel Awards typically range from $1,000 to $1,200.
For information about additional funding available from International Programs, please see https://international.uiowa.edu/faculty/ip-funding. You might also be interested in this recent article about the funding opportunities, https://international.uiowa.edu/news/2022/07/ui-faculty-funding-opportunities.
Please direct questions to Amy Welter, IP business manager, email@example.com.