Faculty Assembly Agenda: September 21, 2022
The Faculty Assembly is a representative body to express the voice of the faculty within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. It serves as a forum where important issues are generated and exchanged with the Executive Committee, the Undergraduate Educational Policy and Curriculum Committee, the Graduate Educational Policy Committee, and the Dean. These issues can be discussed and recommended for approval or dismissal. As Chair of the Faculty Assembly, I encourage all faculty in CLAS to attend Faculty Assembly meetings whenever possible. However, only elected or appointed representatives, or their designated alternates, may vote.
Thank you for discussing the issues in the agenda with your colleagues and for attending the Faculty Assembly. If you have suggestions for the agenda, please let me know. Our schedule of meeting times for 2022-2023 is below the agenda.
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- Welcome by Faculty Assembly chair
- Minutes from April 27, 2022
- Presentation on Proposal for Adding Flexibility to the CLAS Core World Language (WL) Requirement: Cornelia Lang, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
- Discussion and Vote on Proposal for Adding Flexibility to the CLAS Core World Language (WL) Requirement, previously approved by CLAS Executive Committee
- Business from the floor
- Adjournment of the meeting
Faculty Assembly Schedule 2022-2023
Wednesday, 3:30-5:00, via Zoom
(Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom meeting link)
September 21 October 19
November 16 January 25
February 22 March 29