Revisions to Courses in the Registrar’s Course Library: CLAS Deadlines
As you know, the Registrar’s Course Library is the permanent repository for campus-wide courses. Before courses appear on the MyUI schedule, they must exist in the MAUI Course Library.
- Deadlines for revising a course in the MAUI Course Library are enforced by CLAS.
- Revisions to courses appearing on the course schedule must be made before the schedule’s final publication.
- This fall, early registration starts on Monday, November 8, as the Spring and Summer 2022 schedules were published in MyUI on Monday, October 4. After October 4, revisions cannot be approved for offerings in Spring and Summer 2022; forms will be made effective for the following semester or session.
- If an emergency exists concerning a revision, please contact email@example.com to request an exception to the deadline.
- The MyUI publication dates change from semester to semester but may be found on the Registrar’s Academic Calendar or at this page: https://www.maui.uiowa.edu/maui/registrar/courses/planner/dashboard.page.
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to review their course numbers, course cross-listings, titles, semester hours, prerequisites, grading types, and the related Catalog description before publication of the course schedule.
- Note that Fall 2022 course planning is currently underway. This is an excellent opportunity to review course listings before publication of the Fall 2022 course schedule. On February 1, 2022, Schedule Builder will open and the Fall 2022 course schedule will be published in MyUI. Early registration for Fall 2022 will begin on April 11, 2022.
Visit this page for additional information about making changes to the curriculum: https://clas.uiowa.edu/faculty/curricular-changes-additions-and-revisions.
Thank you for your understanding and for sharing this information with others who might need it.