2020-2021 International Engagement Teaching Award Nominations
The College, in collaboration with International Programs, announces the International Engagement Teaching Award for 2020-2021. This award is given annually to a CLAS faculty member in recognition of excellence in any of the following areas:
- Creating learning environments that encourage interactions between international and domestic students, and support international students’ integration into the University community, inside and outside the classroom.
- Using disciplinary or interdisciplinary pedagogical approaches in the curriculum that add and/or enhance international perspective.
- Encouraging students to actively integrate international internships and/or study abroad programs into their education.
- Service work supporting and/or developing programs which offer internationally-focused learning experiences.
- Fostering other international experiences for undergraduate or graduate students.
Departments may submit no more than one nomination. Please propose your nominee by forwarding his / her name to Peter Hubbard (firstname.lastname@example.org), Committee staff, by Monday, December 8, 2020. The College will contact the nominee with information about completing the process.
The deadline for receipt of all nomination materials is Wednesday, February 3, 2021. Links to the Awards page and nomination materials are available at http://clas.uiowa.edu/faculty/faculty-awards-memorials (Faculty Awards & Memorials).
The authority for selecting the International Engagement Teaching Award winner belongs solely to the College, and the Teaching Award Committee seeks a wide selection of nominations from all parts of the faculty. The Committee expects that departments will give full consideration to women and minority candidates.
This award carries a $2,000 honorarium.