CLAS Annual Undergraduate Scholarship Competition
Please bring these scholarship opportunities to the attention of individual faculty members who advise undergraduates in your department, educational advisors, and any eligible students.
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Annual Scholarship Competition has begun!
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences supports over 80 different scholarships awarded through the College's annual scholarship competition. For the 2018-2019 academic year, the College plans to award undergraduate scholarships collectively worth over ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
The specific criteria for each scholarship can easily be accessed by students via the Iowa Scholarship Portal (http://scholarships.uiowa.edu) or on College's web site (http://clas.uiowa.edu/students/scholarships). Please note some scholarships involve both merit and financial need criteria, some specify Iowa residence, some specify full-time student status, and some specify class status.
To be eligible for most CLAS scholarships, students must:
- Currently be enrolled as an undergraduate student in College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (we do have scholarships open to international students).
- Have a minimum 3.33 UI and Cumulative GPA for Need Based awards.
- Have a minimum 3.5 UI and Cumulative GPA for Merit Based awards.
- Be seeking their first baccalaureate degree.
- Continuing in CLAS as an undergraduate in 2018-2019.
Each application requires an essay and two (2) recommendations. All references must be provided by faculty at The University of Iowa. Faculty have until February 9, 2018 to complete the online recommendation questionnaire.
- If you are listed as a reference for multiple CLAS scholarships, you will only be requested to submit one recommendation form.
- You will be asked to answer three (3) questions about the students’ academic performance, you will not be allowed to upload a letter of recommendation.
- Applicants are not able to view the information submitted by the reference.
Questions may be addressed to the Office of Academic Programs & Student Development at email@example.com or (319) 335-2633.