As a student of anthropology, you are encouraged to make use of the advising services available to you while at Iowa.
Advising for first-year students
First-year students and those with less than 30 s.h. earned are advised at the Academic Advising Center. The Center’s team of advisors specializes in transitioning students to academic and student life at Iowa. Working with an assigned caseload, the advisors help each student plan for a successful academic start at Iowa.
Advising during sophomore through senior years
Joseph Davis serves as the academic advisor for anthropology students who have earned at least 30 s.h. through graduation.
How to contact your advisor:
Please email Joseph at: email@example.com.
Or call: 319-335-2487
Scheduling an individual appointment is recommended if you would like to review your degree audit, map out a plan to graduation, or have other questions for which you would like to have an extended conversation. To schedule an appointment, you may use the online scheduler.
He is available to assist students with the following:
- Share in student successes!
- Advisor signatures on add/drop and other university forms
- Questions about course registration
- Questions or problems with your degree audit
- Academic probation - reviewing strategies for future success
- Opportunities for Honors students
- Involvement in internships, research, or volunteer experience
- Discussions regarding adding second majors, minors, and certificate programs
- Information regarding campus resources for students
- Other questions or concerns you may have
In addition, you will be encouraged to meet with faculty in your area of interest. This serves to learn more about the department, the discipline of anthropology, and to gain further assistance with areas such as:
- Provide disciplinary guidance for research projects
- Serve as a mentor for honors theses and projects
- Discuss your graduate and professional school aspirations
We encourage you to allow faculty members the opportunity to get to know you well enough that they can provide expert advice tailored to your individual interests.
401C North Hall