Declaring a Major

To declare an anthropology major, visit 120 Schaeffer Hall (the offices of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Programs and Student Development). CLAS students who are advised by the Academic Advising Center can declare or change majors there.

You should plan to meet with the departmental academic advisor for anthropology, as soon as possible to learn about requirements for the major (see Advising). For a basic overview of major requirements, you can also consult this worksheet for new majors.

Potential new or transfer students should visit the Office of Admissions website.

At any point in the effort to declare a major, your are welcome to meet with the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies to get information or work through any complications. The current Director of Undergraduate Studies is Theodore Powers.