- One scholarship will be awarded.
- Must be a female student of color who has taken courses in the Women's Studies Department or whose academic interests include some aspect of women's culture or experience.
- Must demonstrate financial need through completed 2013-14 FAFSA.
- Must have a strong academic record.
- Must be enrolled in a College of Liberal Arts & Sciences degree granting program and seeking your first undergraduate degree.
- Must be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate in Fall 2013 and Spring 2014.
Your application should consist of the following items:
- A cover page giving name, address, e-mail address, years of study at Iowa, and other forms of financial aid/work for the academic year 2013–2014.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate work (you may submit a printout from ISIS).
- A one-page statement describing your academic or career goals, and some ways in which these reflect a concern for women's lives.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Application materials may be submitted electronically to Laura Kastens, or mailed to:
Ada Johnson/Otilia Maria Fernandez Scholarship Competition
Department of Gender, Women's & Sexuality Studies
210 Jefferson Building
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242