Professor Fagan’s research and teaching interests include Germanic linguistics, theoretical linguistics, and the German language. Her publications range from studies that are theoretical in nature (The Syntax and Semantics of Middle Constructions: A Study with Special Reference to German, 1992) to those that are geared to the language learner (Using German Vocabulary, 2004). She teaches courses on German language and on various topics in German linguistics (phonetics and phonology, the structure of German, history of the language). From 1995 to 2004, she served as the Review Editor for the Journal of Germanic Linguistics (Cambridge University Press), a quarterly publication of the Society for Germanic Linguistics (SGL). She has been the President of the SGL since 2004.
- GRMN:1040 German for Travelers
- GRMN:2001 Intermediate German I
- GRMN:2002 Intermediate German II
- GRMN:3807 Introduction to German Linguistics
- GRMN:3855 The Sounds of German
- GRMN:3865 History of the German Language
Affiliations & Links