Master of Arts in French without Thesis
For some students this may be a terminal degree, for others a step in pursuit of the doctorate. The plan of study preparatory to the degree should correspond to the objectives of the candidate.
Candidates must earn a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate credit and pass a comprehensive written and oral examination. The program must include the following:
- 009:209 Advanced Grammar and Lexicology - 3 s.h.
- 009:210 Comparative Stylistics - 3 s.h.
- At least four graduate level literature and culture courses numbered 200 or above.
- Teaching Assistants in the department also must take 9: 234; Principles of Teaching and Learning Foreign Languages.
- With special permission of the Director of Graduate Studies