Index of Online Resources
Digital Research Tools: A scholar's wiki about research tools like software to analyze texts, manage your citations, create mashups or mine data.
Swine Flu: Useful Resources: Public health updates, statistics, consumer information and blogs on swine flu: resources for journalists.
The State of the News Media 2009: An Annual Report on American Journalism from the Project of Excellence in Journalism. "Its goal is to gather in one place as much data as possible about all the major sectors of journalism, to identify trends, mark key indicators, note areas for further inquiry and provide a resource for citizens, journalists and researchers."
The International Journal of Communication is an online, multimedia, academic journal that adheres to the highest standards of peer review and engages established and emerging scholars from anywhere in the world.
The Walter J. Ong Collection "It's a modest start, but it does include a number of unpublished lectures, including "Secondary Orality and Secondary Visualism," an audio recording of a lecture, and a number of photographs of Fr. Ong and his family. There will be more to come after the New Year and, I expect, for years to come." --John Walter
The Same-Sex Marriage Debate - The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life presents a large number of resources representing a broad spectrum of opinion, constitutional issues, state laws, polls, religious and global perspectives.
- African American
- Asian American
- Assorted Gender & Media Links
- Ethnicities & Identities
- Feminist Media (link broken on old site)
- Indexes & Directories
- Latin American
- Indigenous Peoples
- Print Media
- Television & Film
- Other Media
General and Mixed Communication Resources (organizations, resource directories, etc.)
Interpersonal and Small Group Communication (includes nonverbal communication)
- General and Mixed Resources
- Radio—Old, New, & Streaming
- Television, Video, & Streaming Video
- Digital Media Hypertext, Cybernetics, Cyborgs and Virtual Realities
- Media Watchers & Activists
- Film Studies Resources
- Gender, Race, and Ethnicity in Media
- Theory and Philosophy
- Rhetorical Studies Texts
- Critical Theory
- Visual Rhetorics
- September 11, 2001 Visual Collection
- Listservs related to communication and media
- Journals and blogs of interest
- Citation style guides (APA, MLA, others)
- Google's Advanced Scholar Search (peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts, etc.)
- Guide to online searching and information gathering
- The Front Table blog from the Seminary Co-Op Bookstores (best new books for the scholarly avant-garde and other theoretically-minded readers)
- Bowker's Global Books in Print (requires U. Iowa ID)
- U. Iowa Library Gateway and InfoHawk catalog search